ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde TopOfBlogs

Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid anyone?

Wednesday 7 October 2009

World Cup Weekend

This coming weekend sees the latest round of European Qualifers for the 2010 World Cup, with Englands place already secured the pressure is off Fabio's Capello men as they line up in the Ukraine seeking a ninth straight victory in qualifying. My attention for betting purposes is drawn elsewhere in Europe, it focuses on the 3pm kick off in Finland. I really like the odds of 1.92 for Finland to beat Wales at home, the game itself is a dead rubber but I was expecting the price to be nearer 1.72 so at these odds Finland need to be backed.

Finland beat Wales 2-0 in the reverse fixture with the Welsh looking very shaky at the back, keeper Wayne Hennessy kept the welsh team in it at times and I expect the Finns to heap more misery on this young welsh team. The only concern was that Finland failed to beat whipping boys Liechtenstein last time out (drawing 1-1 away) hence im not going overboard on this one.

After my comment's recently about Czech football being very poor I was expecting the Czech Republic to be a decent price at home to Poland in their crucial WC qualifer but the odds of 1.60 with Betfair is a little tight for me, I would want to back them at 1.72 or higher. It will be a very tight game and one best avoided from a betting perspective.

Elsewhere back home in England I have a potential bet lined up in League Two this weekend but will wait until Thursday/Friday before deciding if its a selection or not. Just a quick comment also on the fact that the England game is internet only, shocking!! £11.99 to watch it on match day is a joke, I wouldn't pay that with the bookies money let alone mine!

Good Luck all!

No comments:

Post a Comment