ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde TopOfBlogs

Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid anyone?

Monday 5 October 2009

Miserable Monday

Well it was one of those weekends for predictions, Oldham had 3 clear chances against Yeovil but failed to take any and drew 0-0. Burnley beat Birmingham 2-1 but I decided against them and to top it all off yesterday Liverpool lose 2-0 with Drogba creating both goals and failing to score himself!! Overall it was very disappointing although im not too down heartened, Oldham done enough to win and not backing Burnley was a rational decision so im still quite pleased in a way.

I believe that Liverpool should have got a point yesterday but I guess im biased huh! Benitez got his team wrong yesterday, Benayoun should have started instead of Riera - as benny is a man in great form and should have started and Carragher's lack of pace is catching up with him for sure. I also fear that we may ruin Ryan Babel, he should play up top with Torres as a centre forward ideally - Ryan is a footballer that needs confidence to thrive and would hope he gets a run of games soon out on the wing supporting Torres at least. It looks like Benitez's style of man management is not suited to Ryan Babel and if I was Arsene Wenger I would get the cheque book out and sign Babel - I can just see him suiting Arsenals style of play, I just hope he does get a run in the team at Anfield at some point. One positive from yesterday was Insua's performance, a great left back in the making - big, strong and quick.

International break is coming up, I hate these breaks from the Premier League especially after a defeat to one of your rivals. I normally try avoid the newspapers and media after a defeat but I have a few sports podcasts to listen too so im going to brave them today! Another thing I have learnt recently is to oppose Czech teams when playing in Europe, having just moved to Prague recently I have noticed that Czech football is a very poor standard indeed - so im going to check out Sparta/Slavia fixtures in the Europe League for any "wheelbarrow" opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment