ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde TopOfBlogs

Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid anyone?

Friday 18 September 2009

Mayweather to see off Mexican Rival

This weekend coming up sees a couple of "heavy-weight" clashes, Floyd Mayweather Jr takes on mexican Juan Manuel Marquez and I fully expect favourtie Mayweather to dismantle his mexican counterpart. Mayweather has come out of retirement to fight Marquez looking to maintain his unbeaten record, four years younger than Marquez I expect Mayweather to be fresher and stronger.

Marquez is stepping up to wealter weight for the first time and insists it is no problem, I feel it will be a bridge to far and Mayweather at 1.25(1/4) looks like a banker to me. Although those for Round betting I would back Mayweather to stop Marquez in Rounds 8, 9 or 10 on prices ranging from 20/1to 25/1.

The other heavyweight clash is at Old Trafford on Sunday when Manchester Utd host fierce rivals Manchester City, there is plenty of spice to this fixture since City signed Tevez and the comments coming out of City have riled United boss Ferguson.

It plans to be a tight game, I can see United edging it and giving City their first defeat of the season.I think it will depend on how much Tuesday's game in Besiktas took out of Utd whereas City have had all week to rest up for the game.

I will take a closer look at Saturdays game's and update the blog later with my thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. I've backed Floyd to stop him inside 12 rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unlucky, looks like a one sided fight and Marquez proved a tough nut to crack inside the distance.. shame as the 20/1 and 25/1 looked appealing on those 3 rounds 8/9/10

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Marquez was there for the taking in the later rounds but for some reason Mayweather didn't push for the stoppage, he totally outclassed him though in what was the most one sided fight I can remember that went the distance.

    ReplyDelete