ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde TopOfBlogs

Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid anyone?

Sunday 6 December 2009

What a difference a week makes!

The result yesterday evening was bitter sweet for me, after seeing Liverpool stutter to a point at Blackburn I was hoping Chelsea would take something from Man City as they are Liverpools direct rivals for 4th place this season but on the other hand I already backed City to win on Thursday at odds 2/1 (draw no bet). Even the winnings from that game couldnt really cheer me up as I was still mulling over the league table and the small matter of Arsenal next week!

What a difference a week has made to Mark Hughes and his City billionaires, I was listening to Martin Samuel talk about Citys run of 7 consecutive league draws and how the results after these draws would define that run - if City lost the next two games it would have been a huge blow for confidence (winless in 9 etc) BUT if City won their next two games it would have been unbeaten in 9 and all of a sudden things start to look rosey at Eastlands. The fact it was Arsenal (albeit a youthful Arsenal) and Chelsea that Manchester City beat this week also speaks volumes about how they can mix it with the bigboys so this has been the biggest week for Mark Hughes and I hope City stick with him.

I hope some of you were braver than me and did back City at 7/2, if not I hope at least some of you got the 2/1 on the draw no bet. This weeks sees the final round of CL games and some FA Cup replays and I will update my thoughts over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment