ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde ss_blog_claim=0d04bb86acfed334bc043a8ead8bdbde TopOfBlogs

Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid anyone?

Sunday 13 September 2009

An Eventful Saturday

Well I was right about Blackburn, was an easy 3-1 win for the home side. Mixed emotions really, glad I was right but not putting my money where my mouth is kinda hurts. Arsenal took a beating at Man City with former gooner Adebayour in all kinds of trouble, running the length of the pitch to celebrate his goal and then raking his studs over Van Persies head! I have never liked Adebayour, this just confirms it.

Over in the US Serena Williams gets a penalty point against her for abusing an offical! on match point as well, effectively gifting the semi final to Kim Clijsters! What a story that is, Clijsters would have been a huge price to win the US open.. she looks odds on now.

This coming week sees the return on the Champions League, which is always a great spectacle.. a few new teams (Ruben Kazan, FC Zurich, Debrecen) this year and I'm sure they will be a surprise result next week - hopefully not against my team Liverpool! I'm fairly happy after a Yossi Benayoun hat trick put Burnley to the sword yesterday - easy!

Nothing really stands out today, perhaps Villa at Birmingham today. I like Aston Villa away from home, they have lots of pace and great on the counter attack and Birmingham will struggle to score goals this year. The fact its a local derby puts me off, anything can happen in local derbies...

No comments:

Post a Comment